My name is Lisa Kett and I am a qualified freelance translator from German, Spanish and French into English. As a native-English speaker based in Dorset, I provide high-quality translation and proofreading services for local, national and international clients.
I specialise in technical, marketing and educational documents. Areas of expertise include translating website content and marketing materials for technical as well as innovative products and translating operating manuals for the aerospace and mechanical engineering industries. I also provide copywriting services.
I hold an MA in Translation, at Distinction level, and I am an affiliate of the ITI (Institute of Translation and Interpreting).
Communicating in another language is more than just translating a text word by word. I focus on the style and register of the translation to enable your message to be communicated successfully to your target audience. I have a keen eye for detail and produce clear and effective translations that meet clients’ needs and deadlines.
Kett Translations: Key Qualities
- Focus on clear writing
- Matching the style and register of the text to the target audience
- Experience of working with regulated, controlled languages (including ASD-STE100)
- Meticulous layout and formatting
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Flexibility (overnight and weekend services available on request)
- Wide cultural and linguistic knowledge. I have worked in Spain, France and Germany and travelled in South America.
E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below.
Lisa Kett: qualified freelance translator from German, Spanish and French into English, Dorset-based.
Specialisations: aeronautical & mechanical engineering, technical manuals, marketing documents, education and travel.